Keeping players in peak physical condition
Sports Medicine Program
We are now offering a full-time Sports Medicine Program led by our Head Athletic Trainer, Besmir Muskaj, LAT, ATC, CES, AIB-VR.
Besmir is on-site daily at the Smith Stearns Gym working with students on injury prevention, while also treating new and existing injuries. His goal is to ensure the safety and health of our athletes while enhancing their physical performance.
The Sports Medicine program includes:
- Sport Medicine coverage (at home tournaments)
- Injury Prevention (one on one and group)
- Evaluations/Assessments + Clearance
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Soft Tissue Management
- Applying preventative tape, braces, bandages, ice and heat therapy.
- First responder
- Referral gateway to MD’s (ortho and internal medicine)
- Coordinate medical appointments and accompany students as needed.
- Warm up/Cool downs
- Injury Prevention Classes
- Developing/leading the Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Organizing sports physicals at beginning of each year.
- Offering therapeutic sessions to treat and prevent injuries
Private Therapeutic Sessions with Besmir are available. These sessions will be tailored to each student’s individual needs using a combination of stretching, musculoskeletal rehabilitation, soft tissue management, and other sports medicine therapies.
- 30 minute Therapeutic Session – $45
- 60 minute Therapeutic Session – $90
Smith Stearns Tennis Academy also partners with the following healthcare providers:
Mark T. Dean, M.D. and Team, Orthopedic Surgery
Hilton Head Office:
39 Hospital Center Commons, Second Floor
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
Phone: 843-226-7592, 843-681-2363
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
11 Palmetto Bay Rd, Ste 103
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Hours: Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Our Smith Stearns Tennis Academy Partners