Summer is when the real training is done
The best way to improve your tennis game is to immerse yourself in training during the summer at Smith Stearns’ top-rated Summer Tennis Camp. Smith Stearns offers the best Summer Tennis Camp experience, providing students the opportunity to train with world-class coaches and other top-notch players who have similar goals. Whether it be training to play at the summer nationals, or wanting to improve for a position on your high school team, you will leave Smith Stearns Tennis Academy knowing you’ve received the right amount of training and instruction to achieve your goals.
At Smith Stearns Tennis Academy, our students experience:
- World-class tennis coaching
- The absolute best tennis academy training
- Participation in an elite junior tennis academy
- Fun off-court activities
- Wonderful coastal weather on beautiful Hilton Head Island
- An awesome summer camp experience!
(May 29, 2022 thru September 3, 2022)
Monday – Friday 8:00 – 10:00 am & 2:00 – 5:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am -10:00 am
Strength Training Program*
Monday & Wednesday 5:00-6:00 pm
Intense On and Off Court Fitness Training
4:00 – 5:00 pm daily during academy
Injury Prevention/Deep Stretch*
Thursday 4:00-5:00 pm
*Location: Smith Stearns Sports Performance Center
Our combination of on and off court programs and experiences makes Smith Stearns one of the nation’s best tennis academies.
All program costs are detailed below and in the tuition and fees section of our website.
Rain delays: we’re fortunate to live in a beautiful Lowcountry sub-tropical climate. When rain does occur, it’s usually for short periods of time and has a minimal effect on our training schedule. During such rainy weather, our students train at our Smith Stearns Sports Performance Center and participate in a combination of educational tennis workshops and physical fitness exercises. No refunds are given for suspension of on-court play due to rain. Our gym workouts and fitness are a part of the Smith Stearns tennis program.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition & fees for our Smith Stearns Tennis Academy include year round rates for guests, and separate rates for those who train full-time during the school year. Housing fees are also required for those who board with us.
- Typical weekly camp schedule includes seven days/six nights
- Tennis camp begins Monday morning and concludes after the Saturday morning session
- Mid-week arrivals available per request
- We recommend coming multiple weeks to get the most out of your training experience
- Summer boarding is in family-style private, chaperoned homes.
- Boarding includes lodging, daily transportation, food, and laundry assistance
- Fun summer activities are also planned for students on nights and weekends, such as trips to the beach, movies, miniature golf, and more
- Inbound flights and/or car travel arrivals should be between Noon and 6pm on the Sunday before camp begins
- Outbound flights/car travel departures should be Saturday afternoons after camp
- Visitor accommodations, at the Inn at Harbour Town or other vacation rentals, can be arranged at The Sea Pines Resort
Private Tennis Lessons are also available to ensure the student receives the right amount of one-on-one training and development during their stay. These private tennis lessons ensure that students can foster strong relationships with one or more of our professional coaches.
Smith Stearns Tennis Academy partners