Eating right means better tennis performance
At the Smith Stearns Tennis Academy, we believe that a comprehensive player development plan is key to our athletes’ success.
Proper nutrition is vital to any elite tennis athlete’s overall performance. Through our Sports Nutrition Program, students will improve their understanding of healthy choices and smart eating habits that will enhance their on-court performance, as well as instill excellent nutritional habits for years to come.
Our Sports Nutrition Program, led by Alice Batson, BS, MPH, CSCS, is an educational program is designed to optimize player performance. It includes the following tennis-specific nutrition resources:
- Pre-Training, During Training, and Post-Training nutrition
- Eating strategies for optimal recovery
- Proper hydration, electrolyte supplementation, and fueling for best training and competition
- Ergogenic aids to enhance energy production and recovery, providing athletes with a competitive advantage
- Vitamin and mineral supplementation
The Sports Nutrition Program will also include a Sweat Test & Electrolyte Analysis for each student athlete.
In addition, for those students who’d like to take their nutrition to the next level, or for our junior tennis players hoping to find the right nutrition solution for their unique situation, Alice provides 1-on-1 personalized sport nutrition services, including:
- Thorough personal evaluation of current diet and recommendations to improve performance
- Personalized meal strategies for optimal results
- Weekly athlete check-ins
- 1-hour consultation each month
Alice’s personalized sports nutrition services are available for an additional fee. Please contact us for more information.
Our Smith Stearns Tennis Academy partners