Thank you for your interest in the Smith Stearns Tennis Academy – we’re excited you’ve reached out to us.
Here you’ll find a brief overview of the program and a direct contact to learn more.
Smith Stearns Overview:
Since 2002, the Smith Stearns Tennis Academy has been preparing junior tennis athletes for the highest level of competition possible in high school, collegiate and professional tennis. The Academy prides itself on world-class coaching, intense on-and off-court training, a family-style atmosphere and junior tennis programs tailored to individual needs.
Led by Stan Smith, former No. 1 player in the world, and B.J. Stearns, academy director and former top nationally and internationally ranked player, the Academy has developed numerous state, sectional, national, and international junior tennis champions. Our program is suited for all levels of competitive junior players, from grade school through high school. The Academy also offers a supervised housing program and excellent private school options that help students develop as scholars, good citizens and responsible young adults, all within a supportive environment of camaraderie and fun.
• Full-Time Academy and Holiday/Summer Camp Program Options
• Intense tennis training with world-class coaches and other well-matched players with similar goals
• On and off court tennis-specific fitness, strength and conditioning
• Full-time athletic trainer and rehabilitation services; nutritional and mental preparation
• Family-style Housing Program with committed house parents
• Excellent college placement program, preparing students for the best universities across the U.S.
• Comprehensive tournament coaching where our students travel in groups to tournaments across the U.S. and internationally
• Located within the beautiful Sea Pines Resort, a family-friendly, safe, top-rated resort destination environment on world-famous Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
For More Information:
For more information about the Smith Stearns Tennis Academy please contact Joanie Hyndman, Director of Admissions. She’d be happy to speak with you more and get you further acquainted with our program!